
There is a little Jamaican cafe that E and I like to visit when we can. It's on the opposite end of town, so a little drive, and the neighborhood is not the greatest, but if you go during the daylight hours, it's OK. The food is great. We always get the "meat pie" (also called "meat patty"), it's like a large empanada, filled with beef or chicken, spicy or mild. I get a Ting soda (grapefruit flavored) and he gets a Malt drink (he loves them, I can't stand them). The atmosphere is fun too. There's always a soccer game on the TV, and usually there is a checker game going on. A couple of kids running around and chattering. You seat yourselves, you clean up after yourselves too. Fun stuff. :)
1 comment:
Ahh I miss things like that so much! I hope I can join you guys one day. I can even discuss soccer and reggae music with these guys :-) And yes, Nigeria has a pretty good soccer team too.
Tanja
Post a Comment