It is in the 90's already - what is wrong with the world that we should have to experience May in the 90's? I know other places have it worse, but Good Lord it's hot. And the humidity! My hair doesn't stand a chance. Not to mention the mosquitoes that have been out in droves the past week or so are driving me crazy. I was walking from the parking lot to the store entrance, and the tops of my feet were so hot (wearing sandals) I thought I would burn up. We haven't had much rain lately so grass is starting to turn brown in patches and my poor tomato plants are withering.
Only semi-good note is that my face is getting a little color. I am very fair-skinned and burn very easily, but it seems like these "little burns" are turning into something. Not a tan exactly, but at least some color to my pallor.
Can't wait for winter again!
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You could always come here. It was 73 yesterday and 61 today. Should be in the 50's tomorrow, and we should all have colds by Friday. :o)
It's been over a hundred degrees here for a week already. Dry heat, yes, but hot nonetheless.
With a pool and a cool drink it's not that bad :-)
Post a Comment