Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rainy Tuesday

Still raining, been wet and windy all day without a break. I had to bring a few of my tomato pots under the carport because they don't drain very well. Work was boring again, although a little busier than normal. I actually did like 30 minutes of real work instead of 10 minutes, LOL. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. I had chemistry class tonight. My teacher is very frustrating. It's not just me, either. The whole class was either laughing or shaking their heads. He seems so smart, he just can't communicate well with us. I know it must all make sense in his head, but he says one thing, then writes another, then directs us to look in the book for still another thing...we don't know which information to believe. I just need to get an A in this class. I don't need to be a chemist at the end of this, I just need the A to bring up my GPA.

Good news of the day, my insurance is all better. I talked to the lady who handles COBRA, she was very nice, I mailed off a payment today, and all is well again. I hate paying that much every month but I can't afford to be without it either.

I tweaked my school schedule for fall a little bit. Right now I am signed up to take the following classes: Microbiology, Intro to Sociology, Gen Psych, Human Nutrition, and Philosophy. Microbiology is the 16-week class, all the others are 8 weeks and staggered so I am not actually working on more than 3 classes at a time, but it will still be a lot of work. Some of the accelerated/condensed classes are a piece of cake but most are just as much work/mental stress as the longer ones. But, if I can get those done, I will be all set to apply to any nursing program.

Floor guy is coming tomorrow. I have to get up early to pack away a few things, tidy here and there. And, of course, round up the cats and put them in the laundry room. They'll love that. I hope the next time I write I have nice, shiny floors.

No comments: