Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Trying to figure out my future

Not much exciting happened today, so I figured I'd get my thoughts down about my school future.

As it stands right now, I am on track (please God let it stay that way) to apply for the nursing program at my school (FCCJ) this fall, to start in the spring. HOWEVER, it is extremely hard to get in, both because of the academic requirements and because so many people are applying. I was told to consider my options for other schools.

So I start thinking - where else can I go? The options for a 2-year RN program are limited in my area. I could go to Kaiser (private school) but I've heard it's like $20,000/year and there's no way I want to pay that. There's another community college within driving distance (SJRCC), but they have more requirements and it would put me off at least a semester, possibly two more. Brevard Community College, where E lives, does have a program, with easier requirements. So I brought that up to him tonight.

I would actually prefer to plan to attend BCC, apply and get that process started. Why not? We want to get married, why not make this happen? The deal is where would I live? I (and all my pets) can not live in his current house, that's why we're not married already. He's sort of slowly in the process of trying to sell his house so we can look for another, but who knows how long that would take in this economy. I suppose I could move down there and try to rent something on my own, but with so many animals it will be difficult. Plus what if we break up? I shouldn't think like that, I don't think we will, we want to get married for Pete's sake, but I still worry. I don't pay much for rent now, rent down there (with so many pets) will surely be very expensive, so I'll go through my savings that much more quickly. Plus I don't have a job down there, so I'll have to hope I can find one that will work around my school schedule. If I leave the house I'm in, currently renting from family, there's no coming back because it will be rented to someone else by then.

What to do, what to do.

E said he'd mull it over for a while. I hope he decides I should go down there. Maybe it will spur him to move more quickly on selling his house. Crossing my fingers...

No comments: