Saturday, May 02, 2009

Baby shower came and went...

...and I'm still standing. I didn't cry in front of anyone, which I was so glad for. There were a TON of people, most of whom I had seen before but didn't really know. I spent a lot of time talking to my sister-in-law about school, and smiling at other people's small talk. The whole thing was outside in nearly 90 degree heat (ok, maybe it was 85, but in the direct sun for 2 hours) so poor pale me melted. I couldn't wait to get home and take a shower. I didn't find out until the end of the baby shower that they are actually NOT naming the baby after Joe. Well, maybe the middle name (I didn't get a definite answer on that) but not the first name. When I heard that, it was like this huge weight had been lifted. I don't know why that should make a difference, but it did. Otherwise, it was nice to see most of my in-laws since it had been a while.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am glad that it went better than you were expecting, but at the same time I imagine it is a relief to have it behind you now.

Vanessa said...

Glad it went OK and you got good news about the name!