Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2nd English class

...was last night, and wow was I tired from the wedding.

We got our essays back. My professor said she was impressed I was able to write about such a painful topic. She offered some suggestions (more development, she says it so often, it should be her motto) but said it was good. So, I'm glad. :)

We had a 4-question quiz in class. I missed one of the questions. Prof. says that question was a little difficult, it was a close call between two of the choices. It's really not a big deal, but I feel disappointment that I missed it, and that ol' OCD anxiety about not having a "perfect" grade. I had better get used to that, huh? LOL

We had another in-class essay, this time a "descriptive narrative" on an important point in our life. I hate writing about generic, boring topics like these. They are supposed to be easy, but they're not for some reason. After thinking for nearly 20 minutes, I finally chose the day I bought my first car. Between being tired and feeling less than excited about the topic, I don't think it's my best work. Oh well.

On another note, I'm going to explore the possibility of CLEP-ing out of some classes. I'm hoping I'll do well enough to skip at least 3 or 4 classes. I'll update when I find out more information about the process.

1 comment:

Tanja said...

I always hate those topics too! To write something on demand is never easy it seems. Even worse it is to have to write something that actually makes sense.

I'm sure you did good!