I'm taking my BP meds like a good girl. I'm still having a lot of anxiety and pressure feeling in my chest, but I think it's gotten a tiny bit better. The last 3 nights in class, about a half hour into it, I have been getting very antsy/restless like I can't stopping tapping my foot or clenching my jaw, then I feel very hot inside and start sweating, but my skin feels cool. It's a weird feeling. It is in the 90's outside, but even with that...I don't think it's all the weather. I guess I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days.
I decided to drop one of my classes, the Algebra. Everything was just too much. I really labored over that decision because it will put me back at least a semester. I had been so proud of myself for pushing so hard even though I felt like I was out of control. I was proud that I was working so hard to get into the nursing program in January. Then all this health stuff was happening, and I felt like I was having a panic attack, and I was behind in my classes. Then I started thinking - am I even ready for the program in January? I don't feel ready. I am very worried about what I'm going to do for health insurance, but as several people have pointed out to me, I won't need health insurance if I'm dead from a heart attack. So, I will try to relax (a little) for a few months and then probably start looking for a new job. Of course if E and I were to get married before it runs out, then it wouldn't be a problem. But I have a feeling that's not going to happen (not that we're not going to get married, just not before it runs out).
I don't think I posted about it, but a few weeks ago I failed my first test, and it was in Anatomy (a very important class for a nurse, don't you think?). I got a D because I didn't study AT ALL. Part of this overwhelmed thing. He let me retake it, but only for 75% of the value. I got a C out of it, which was the highest I could make. I don't like getting a C on anything, but at least it's better than a D. I took another test in that class last night and I think I did fairly well - probably a B. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I need an A for this class for the semester. Hopefully with some extra credit I can bring it up.
Chemistry is getting really hard and I'm lost, but hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to study, even though E is coming in town. I have a test next Tuesday that I am not prepared for.
I'm also taking Medical Terminology and that is going pretty well. I should be able to get an A in that class. The assignments really aren't hard, there's just a lot of them, and staying on top of due dates is the hard part.
That's it for the update.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment