The power went out yesterday afternoon. It wasn't too bad, only lasted 15 minutes or so, but it's a reminder of what's coming. Anyone that thinks they want to live in Florida is welcome to hang out when the electricity is out for days (and we didn't even get a direct hit) and it's humid and 90 out, but you don't want to open the doors and windows because of all the mosquitoes and cockroaches trying to get it.
Funny thing is I was in the grocery store a few hours before the power went out, and I thought, I need to get some batteries for my flashlight. Good thing I got them.
I need to finish organizing and cleaning things out, so I'll be ready. I need to gather and stock up on some basic supplies, and get the pet things (leashes, paperwork, carriers) together where I can find them. If the power stays out long, I'm not staying at my house, that's for sure. I'll be at whatever hotel has air conditioning.
Friday, June 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And who asked me today to think about moving to Florida? :-)
Post a Comment