Sunday, August 17, 2008

Text messages and call history

I did something really bad. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I snooped on E's cell phone. I don't know if it "means" something or not. I found texts from this one woman (also on POF, I found her profile) going back to around the time E and I starting talking. The oldest texts say stuff like "why won't you call me? I miss you", etc. Then go to "I promise I will treat our relationship like a delicate flower, I'm sorry I made you doubt me", etc. Then the latest one from the end of June says "can we just be friends? I think we should just be friends." There were no sent texts. So, just from those texts, I would think that she's some crazy "B" that just wouldn't stop texting him. But then I checked the latest calls he made and it says he called her Thursday night around 9:30pm, and then in received calls she called him back about 12:30am. I didn't see how long they talked. My first inclination (evidence of my problem of making excuses maybe) is that maybe he called her to say stop calling him. But what if it's more than that?

I can't even confront him on it because if it is innocent he'll be pissed (rightfully) that I snooped.

He does spend a lot of time with me. He doesn't make mysterious phonecalls on the weekends. He hardly leaves my side. We are doing lots of stuff around town, so it's not like we're hiding in his house or something.

But...

I still can't believe he won't take his profile down. I ended up deleting mine after I put it back up, because I felt like this isn't right. I hate feeling crazy like this.

I have a lot of thinking to do (I know you all are saying "No thinking, just dumping" LOL) but this allure of intimacy is really hard to overcome. And I don't want to throw something away over my unfounded suspicions.

No comments: