Excerpts that I particularly like or identify with:
"...I am a woman and proud to be one. I do not envy men even when I feel that they are being favored over women; I seek fairness, equal opportunities and respectful treatment, but I do not wish to be a man. I am totally woman..."
"...I am a woman who cherishes her feminine gender, her physical endowments, her emotional wiring, her competence and her thinking capacity..."
"...I am awed at what my body can do. Its ability to become the cocoon within which another human being grows until birth is an amazing thing. I would not trade my womanhood for anything. I respect and honor men for who they are as I expect to be respected for who I am..."
"...I am concerned about the future of our people and of the world. We as women are the mothers who nurture both male and female children. We are responsible in many ways for the making of our world. The time is always right for us to take a look within, to find healing, to re-assess and re-organize our priorities so that we can be worthwhile of our important role as the mothers of the universe..."
Written by Enitan Doherty-Mason
Full article located here - CLICK TO LINK
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment