The friend and E had a few more emails exchanged.
I sent E an email saying I was done, I was hurt, I deserved better. He wrote back saying I was the one acting suspiciously, probably cheating on him but he had never cheated on me, he knew I looked in his phone, he knew the emails from the friend weren't real, etc. Over the course of a few emails he now has me feeling like I'm the one who was crazy, just psycho really, and I messed up a good thing.
I do have good friends telling me that I'm not crazy, this is just the type of thing he would say. I want to believe that. I'm not so sure though. I don't like my actions here. I don't like that I snooped in his phone, I don't like that I orchestrated a "sting" setting him up, whether he deserved it or not. I FEEL crazy. I don't like feeling that way. So regardless of whether he really was cheating on me or not, obviously this relationship is not good for ME.
It's so hard though. In crying sessions with friends, I think I have worked out some of the motivators behind me being crazy and so sad. E is the only man besides Joe to tell me he loves me. He's very smart and challenges me mentally. He's been very affectionate, passionate, attentive, the sex has been great, and I have been starved for that. Another contributor is I've just passed my 1-year anniversary since Joe died. Another is - I think I was pregnant. I had a faint positive test but didn't go to the doctor yet. I didn't say anything to anyone, I wanted to wait until I was sure. As of yesterday, I'm either not pregnant or it's an early miscarriage.
I need to remind myself of why he's not a good fit for me.
- He's older than what I want. 24 year age differences may work out sometimes, but honestly I want a husband that will be around longer and be a younger dad.
- He's very particular about cleaning, everything has to be perfect (or "his" perfect) and let's face it, I'm more of a "free spirit" when it comes to housework.
- He doesn't want my pets. He wasn't upfront with me at first about how much he didn't want them. He led me on by saying he'd be OK with a decreased number or them being outside. Also false promises of "one day we'll have lots of land, blah blah blah." Well, the proof is in the pudding. He owns a house with an acre of land, currently rents it but could move there if it was that important to him.
- He doesn't like me meeting up with friends without him. I didn't realize how much of a suspicious person he is until these recent emails.
- He wants me to agree with all of his opinions. I know a lot of people have said he is controlling and manipulative. I haven't made up my mind about that yet, but I do know he tries to change my pets, my political views, my opinions on social issues, my food preferences, etc. While I may be weird in some aspects, I don't want to change everything about myself. Then I wouldn't be "me."
I may add more later.
Thanks for reading, and for your support.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't think you are crazy and your list of reasons was sound.
Break ups are very hard. Give yourself time to cry and talk and write and rant.
I got into kick boxing after one miserable break up long before first husband. It was fun and cathartic.
Just take care of yourself.
"He knew the emails from the friend weren't real"??? I don't believe that for a second. But on the slight chance that it's true, it's sick and hurtful that he would respond in the way he did.
You deserve WAY better.
Sari, sweetie, please re-read your last paragraph about all the things he wants to change about you.
If this really was a good thing, he would not be trying to change who you fundamental are.
I am so sorry you are going through this. You are NOT crazy; you can't help who you fall for and that makes it hard for you to see what is so obvious to the rest of us. You deserve better and you will find someone who truly makes you happy.
((hugs))
-Heather
Nope, not crazy at all girl. Just imagine what he'd be like as a dad? Not talking about the age gap. Sending you lotsa love and give yourself time :).
Penny
I was so touched by reading this blog I had to respond.
My advice to you would be to re-read all the posts you have pertaining to this so-called man and pretend it is your very best friend writing it, what advice would you have for her?
No matter what he says, what he has done is wrong. You know deep down inside that he didn't have a clue that you were setting him up. He is manipulating you and trying to take the focus off of what he did, which incidentally is one of the characteristics of a controlling personality, along with he does not like you seeing your friends with out him and dictating what you do with YOUR pets, big danger signs luv.
I know how hard it is to extract yourself from a relationship, especially since this seems to be the first relationship you have had since you were widowed. We widows tend to invest very heavily in that first relationship. You have to keep reminding yourself that you have been through the worst and everything else is easily managed. You deserve better and you know this. Your husband is also looking down on you helping you, let him do just that. When I face a really tough time or decision, I release it all to God or the angels to let them lead me. 99% of the time it works out for the best.
do not let him manupulate you the way he is, he is just not worth it. Love, real love, should not hurt.
Post a Comment