Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Purging bad e-memories

Last night I ended up deleting over 1,000 old email messages. There were a bunch from my old work (toxic environment x 10!), old boyfriends, "friends" that have disappeared on me, and as I re-read the emails, it brought all those bad feelings back up. I could actually feel my shoulders getting tight with the remembered stress. So, now they're gone. It's amazing how much lighter I feel. I don't know why I was holding on to them. I still have more that I need to delete but I'm just not ready. One day I'll get there.

Now if only I could do this purging with my physical stuff (boxes, papers, junk) around my house, I'd be set. :)

2 comments:

Tanja said...

One day you'll clean those boxes up too. I took me a lot of time to get started, and I'm by far not there.

We need to go shopping together one day girl :-)

Tanja

Anonymous said...

You know that is how I felt when I had myself and all references to me deleted from the YWBB. Like a crushing weight was lifted. My husband saved many of his old posts from the board (including the first time we "interacted" their) plus many PM's. I wipe the slate clean. They even erased other members posts in an effort to "erase" me - I don't think I was well-received there, lol.

I have all the correspondence from Rob and from people who helped me and supported me. The rest was garbage and who keeps that?

Good for you for. I hope you are feeling better.