Sunday, July 20, 2008

1-year since Joe died, and I'm OK

Honestly. I was a little sensitive, maybe a little emotional, in the week or so leading up to the day (which was Friday July 18) but for the actual day I was fine. No one in my family called me, which I'm a little disappointed about, but I guess either they forgot or they didn't want to upset me. I went to work, spent the evening with E, and did OK. I'm glad I've made it through the year and I'm so grateful to my widow friends for helping me through this. I couldn't have done it without them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sari,

Peggy (Eggpal) and I are thinking about you...so much so that we are checking out your blog while we are here together in Greece :-)

Sorry we missed your one-year sadiversary. Know that we do care and we know your pain.

Love ya' girl,
Peggy and Sonia

Tess said...

*massive hugs hon*

To answer your question...

Rinoa is a character from Final Fantasy (!!!!). Same nephew also has a son called Dreis (pronounced Drey-is). I have absolutely no idea where he got that one...

:)

lola said...

hugs, girl. glad that you had something to do to keep you busy during this sadiversary. that just happens to be our oldest's birthday. many hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Hugs girl,

I think the first year is the worst but at least time heals and eventually think of the good memories without any paid ;).

Penny

Ros said...

((hugs)) to you.
You have done well making it through this difficult past year!

(linked here from Jeanne's blog btw).

Sari said...

Thank you everyone. :)

Ros, I went to check out your blog and it's invitation only. I always try to reciprocate when someone posts on my blog. :)