Just some re-affirmations...
I am still young.
I have plenty of time to have children.
I don't need to settle.
People have babies through their 40's.
Adoption is an option at almost any age.
I am still young.
Plenty of time...right?
My bio clock and my baby-cravings have been in overdrive for only about 10 years or so, you'd think I should be used to this. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I always thought I'd have at least 2 kids by now, and pregnant with the 3rd.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your profile says you're 27 - is that a typo? If not, you have PLENTY of time! Put that clock on snooze and follow your own advice to get yourself and your house in order before you even think about settling down again and babies. You will be a better mother when you make the decision if you are happy and healthy.
Sari, I'm not walking in your shoes, but I do understand where you are coming from. Of course you are dealing with the "what if's". What if I never find someone to have children with? What if it happens in my fourties and I can't get kids anymore? Etc.
But you gave yourself the right answers. Have faith it will happen girl. I believe in you.
Tanja
27 is indeed very young to let the clock rule you. But don't buy too much into the myth that women can have babies into their 40's. Some women can and do but they are small in number. The reality is that it starts to get more difficult around the mid to late thirties and by the 40's a woman could be facing infertility treatments to achieve pregnancy.
Not to worry you but it bothers me that the idea of time on our side is still being sold to young women.
It's a disservice.
Still, I waited to have children until I met the right guy and that was at 34. Married at 35. Mother at 38 and I won't lie - it wasn't easy to achieve (mostly due to my lh's illness). I am glad I waited for Will. Even if we'd never had a child - which would have meant no kids for me ever - it's better to work on finding that right for you relationship first and worry about the rest after.
Shush the clock and just concentrate on you.
Post a Comment