Thursday, January 08, 2009

My weight

So, I am unhappy to report after a recent check-up, I am at my second highest recorded weight ever. I am not happy. My doctor is not happy. I have instituted a lower carb, higher protein eating plan that so far is going fairly well. I've had a few slip-ups, like last night when I got out of class at 10pm, and all I wanted was something greasy. Several Krystal burgers (they are tiny, but add up) later, and I was feeling so sick. I'm still feeling sick this morning. I'm eating all natural yogurt every day (Liberte' brand, from Quebec, which is officially the best yogurt I've tried so far) and taking fish oil supplements, as well as vitamins. I've resumed my walking schedule with my friend after work, and we are discussing adding an exercise video once a week. Also trying to drink a lot more water, and completely staying away from soda.

E is doing his best to encourage me (probably so I'll stop snoring in his ear!) and saying he'll get me a scale. But he also is a food-pusher. We'll be eating, I'll finish, and he'll insist on feeding me bites of his. It's sweet of him, but does he want me to eat that cookie, or lose weight?

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Good for you--I am trying not to make any New Year's resolutions, but to move toward something I value--like living healthier. Kent always has great luck on low carb diets, so I think I am going to join him this time.
Marsha

Tanja said...

Sari, believe me, he doesn't want you to loose weight, he loves you the way you are!

Do it for yourself though, for your health, for your self esteem, for feeling fitter.

Good luck!