Thursday, June 05, 2008

Miraculous kitten story

Yesterday afternoon I'm driving on I-295 (busy highway) and get on the 5 lane wide off-ramp. I'm in the right lane. All of a sudden the lady in front of me slams on her breaks and opens her door yelling and waving her arms. I look in my side mirror and see this tiny black lump in the middle lane. It's a kitten! We both run back there to get it. Thank God the cars stopped, it's the middle of rush hour and that off ramp is ALWAYS really busy. There must have been 20 cars that rolled over the kitten without hitting it. So I grab the kitten and jump back in my truck. It's tiny! Like 6 weeks old, filthy and skin and bones. It keeps trying to run away from me in the truck. I think someone must have thrown it out their window because I don't see how it would have made it to the center lane unscathed. Plus there's nothing much around there where it would have been living.

I get it checked out at my vet (I was on my way to get my dogs anyway), it's fine, just needs a bath and food, got both at my house. Still trying to run away from me but apparently thinks my dog is Mommy because kitten keeps running TO her and trying to nurse, LOL. Dog doesn't appreciate it very much.

Luckily I think I found someone to take it this afternoon, because the longer I have it the more attached I'm going to be and I already have 6 cats. But it's soooo cute!


P.S. There's a big cat at the vet named "Tater" and this kitten is like a miniature of that cat, so it's been dubbed "Tater Tot" by the vet staff, LOL.

No comments: