I read a lot of posts about signs on the widow board; things like dimes in odd places, flickering electricity, or songs on the radio make people think they're getting messages from spouses. I just can't quite bring myself to really believe in them. Maybe because I've never experienced it for myself? I hardly dream about Joe, maybe three dreams since he died. None of them had any important message that I'm aware of. In a way, that makes me feel sad. Am I not sensitive enough to pick up on them? Is he not able to send any signs or messages? I'm leery about going to a psychic, I think so many of those people are just thieves.
One possible "sign", or at least a weird make-you-think moment: A few weeks ago, I was walking into school with my sister for our math classes and asked her if she had a pencil. She pulled one out - it was one that Joe had taken from our dentist's office. (He had a habit of taking the doctor's office pens and pencils. I just thought it was strange after all this time (a year and a half after he died) that pencil would come up. I had been feeling a little down around that time, but I just find it hard to believe IF Joe was able to send me a sign, that he would do it with something as inconspicuous as a pencil.
Interesting. Just food for thought, I guess.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is an interesting post--I have been intrigued by the "signs" issues on the widow board. I think it is the human desire to maintain "connections". I haven't had any "signs", but I know the Don's legacy lives and guides my decisions today--
Marsha
Sari,
You don't know me but I saw your posts on the young widow bb (I was looking for a NE FL young widows group). I too am a young (well not so young any more) widow. I have been a widow for almost 3 years now and just when I least expect it I receive a sign from my late husband. I think it is his way to say that everything is going to be ok. Hang in there!
Thanks Marsha, glad to know I'm not the only one.
Hey Brenda, not sure if you saw, but I'm in Jax... :)
Post a Comment