This past weekend was busy but fun.
Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, my mom hosted dinner, about twenty people attended. It was nice to get together, but overwhelming after a while. I was the first person to leave, and was glad to take a nap after all those carbs.
Funny story about the below picture: My mom is in the middle of renovations, so the living room floor is bare concrete. When the house was being built, furniture was stained on the concrete floor, resulting in reddish-brown spots all over. My mom had the idea to create the outline of a turkey, like it died there. Kind of morbid humor, but that's us. Everyone thought it was funny. :)

Friday meant insane early-bird shopping with my friend. I was supposed to be at her house at 4:45am, she called and woke me at 4:37am (I overslept!) Ended up getting to her house about 5:15am, got to Store #1 at 5:30am, proceeded to spend the next three hours helping friend find and try on clothes. It was kind of fun, picking out the skinny-girl clothes. Too bad I couldn't wear any of it, but that's OK. :) Since she was in the dressing room, I spent the time trying not to look at myself in the dreaded three-way Mirror of Shame. Very depressing, and I couldn't quite look away as hard as I tried. Spent forty-five minutes standing in line, waiting to check out. Went to breakfast, met up with other friend. Then went to Store #2, spent another two hours shopping (mainly helping the friends find things to wear.) I tried on three things and all looked horrible. I did get a pack of socks. Yippee. Went to Store #3, again, didn't buy anything.
Second friend went home after that but first friend and I went to get manicures and pedicures. THAT was FUN. Our feet were so sore from all that shopping, it was wonderful to be pampered. Usually I get plain, one color polish on my toes, but this time I splurged and got ruby-red background with gold flowers and "diamonds" on each big toe. It is really cute actually!
That evening, my sister and I went to a different friend's house for dinner, and then I met up with E that night.
Saturday and Sunday I spent with E. We had a great time just hanging out. We are really developing a comfortable relationship with each other. We can now tease each other and laugh about it, like long-term couples do. It's a really great feeling, and I'm very happy except I wish the relationship could be "more" at this point. It still may be more in the future, but I really need to try to be happy with the status quo for now. E bought me a sweater (he likes shopping for me) that is a little school-marmish but I'm wearing it today and it's warm and soft. That he thought of me makes me happy and feel loved. I asked him what he wants for Christmas and he wouldn't tell me anything besides socks. Socks! Well, I guess I'll get the man some socks, but I'll have to figure out a few other things. I already ordered him a Miriam Makeba CD (he considers her a hero) that I hope he'll like.
2 comments:
The turkey "crime scene" is hilarious.
Thanks, Heather. :)
Post a Comment