It's probably time for a dating update, right?
Let's see... none of the guys that I last mentioned are still in the picture. Some I got rid of, some got rid of me, but that's OK. Now there's three main guys:
The Nurse
F is a nurse that lives and works about an hour and a half south of my city. He is a super nice guy, very handsome, smart, sexy voice, not married and no kids (just what I'm looking for). We talk about twice a week, mainly about his work, and there's just no spark. Not on my end, and I don't feel it coming from him either. He's made no move to ask me out, although to be fair I have been really busy with school and he knows it. Even if he did ask, I'm not sure that I would want to. I'm just not feeling "it" with him. I feel bad about it though, since he seems perfect. How do I tell the perfect guy that he's not it for me?
The Swede
S is another sweetie, this time from Sweden. He's crazy about me, and I really like him too. He has some sort of car business (buying cars from other countries and selling them in Sweden?) and is a former boxing champion of some kind. He's a little shorter than I would like, although two inches taller than me, and built slim (probably not an ounce of fat on him), which makes me feel like I'll look like some huge ogre in comparison. He likes bigger women though, which is good for me I guess. We talk on the phone at least one to two times a day, plus instant message chatting, plus texting, plus the occasional email. He says he thinks I am so sweet, so nice, so classy, etc., which is nice to hear. He offered to buy my plane ticket if I want to come visit. Normally I would say no, I'm not traveling for a man again, but there's some issue with a visa? I know that sometimes people from other countries have a harder time visiting the US than we do visiting their countries, but could this be a red flag? Maybe, but I think I'll go anyway (we only live once, who knows when or if I will have a chance to go to Sweden again?) I'll be safe and smart, so I think it will be OK.
The New Yorker
O and I began our friendship on a dating site, but it was after we realized that we would not be a good match because of religious differences. We both really liked each others' profiles and we emailed back and forth just as friends. He gave me his personal email, and we've been emailing and talking on the phone about every other day. We have really great, deep, interesting conversations, on topics like our families, philosophy, religion, the world in general. It's really fun. There is something about this man that keeps drawing me closer to him. His voice is amazing, so deep and rumbling, sexy accent (he's Egyptian), and he's so smart and thoughtful. He's got this gentle personality but he's still so strong and masculine... the other day we were talking about the differences between men and women, and he was telling me something about how men were hard and women were soft, beautiful creatures... I almost jumped through the phone to him. Remembering our conversation makes my heart race and me breathe a little faster. His voice, his words, were like the most decadent buttercream cake icing you've ever tasted, so rich and sweet, like you've died and gone to heaven... He calls me honey and it's the sexiest "honey" you've ever heard (hence, the title of this post.) Wow. One tiny "bad" thing. We are very honest and open with each other, and he asked me about my weight, why I wasn't working to lose it. I think he's a bit of a "DGI" (don't get it) when it comes to people being heavy, as he said I just need to do better, that it's for my health (I agree totally on that point), but that's my only complaint about him. He is so tall and handsome, so smart, sexy... the religion might not be an issue for much longer the way things are going (at least on my end). I may be meeting him in a few weeks, so I guess we'll see if we get on in person as well as we do on the phone.
So that's the summary of my latest dating adventures!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment