I am pretty much over him at the moment. No call from him, and I'm not calling him either. I've started deleting old text messages, I've put his old emails in a folder that's not so "in your face" for me. I don't look at his pictures.
I do think about the holidays. I think about what I had planned to buy him for Christmas, pajama pants and other little things. We should be making plans for our trip to Universal Studios in February. But, he decided he didn't want that. So, fine! Good riddance, jerk.
I also know I'd be trying to figure out how to balance time with him and time with my family, since he was not really "into" family gatherings. What a joke. Family gatherings are what you get when you're with me. It's just the way it is. Joe liked it. Hell, he got along with my family better than I did. That shows me it is possible to find someone to mesh with my family. But no, I'd skip some beloved family tradition to drive the 3 hours to his house to spend the day quietly with him. I know I would, and I would feel guilty for missing my relatives.
I picture him eating alone, not exchanging presents with anyone, not putting up any decorations (he only put up the Christmas tree last year because I wanted it). That makes me sad, because I know I would be depressed in that situation. But, I'm not him. This is what he chose...right?
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment