Monday, November 23, 2009

That Greek, and a new Greek, and others...

Well the Greek I wrote about last time is NO MORE. Everything was great, no hint of trouble, and he disappeared while on a business trip. I sent an email this weekend and I can see he read it, so at least I know he's not incapacitated in some way, but it hurts. I really thought he was sincere, I would have bet my life on it, and turns out he wasn't. What does that say for my ability to judge character? But, I shouldn't think like that. It's not my fault he was deceptive, just like it's no one else's fault when they go through this.

There is now a new Greek (-American), along with a few others I'm writing/talking to. The new Greek, V, is super sweet, loves animals (Yay!), seems like a great guy. He's Orthodox, never married, and no kids, all traits I have been looking for. He's American born so no foreign accent, but he does speak Greek fluently (which is sexy!) The bad part - he's quite a bit older than me. Older than E was even. This could be a bad idea for only that reason, but I am just exploring possibilities right now.

There's a few others: the widower in North Carolina, the geeky guy in Chicago, the beer garden owner in Germany, the self-described Viking from Belgium, and the Sri Lankan from Italy (yes, you read that right). There are pros and cons to all, but the attention is nice, and so is a distraction from the loneliness.

Will update when something juicy happens!

No comments: