Monday, February 25, 2008

Rare moment of complete happiness

I'm at work and this feeling of complete love and happiness just washed over me. I don't know if it was a religious experience, or what, but it was wonderful. Usually I'm feeling slightly detached, no strong emotions one way or the other (always been like this, not as a result of Joe's death) but this was waaaay different.

Events are going pretty well right now. Talked to my guy last night (not long enough but I was glad to hear from him), I spent yesterday afternoon in the company of a wonderful group of women I've known my whole life (birthday party for my friend's mom), I'm developing a few great new friendships right now and I'm really grateful for them, my faith is slowly becoming stronger and more "natural" instead of a forced thing. I have people that love me and I love them.

Life's not perfect, but for one moment it really felt like it was.

This is what bliss feels like I think. I want that again.

No comments: