Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Free-flowing thoughts on loneliness

I just started typing these feelings, sort of a free-flowing spewing without much thinking. I don't normally get this "deep" and am feeling a little vulnerable about it.

I am antsy and lonely tonight, I feel like I'm in a freefall, clutching at...what? Anything? Spiderwebs maybe. Or like I'm in a vacuum, with not even any air to sustain me. I want to collapse in someone's arms and have them comfort me, pick up the pieces. I can't think of a single time in my adult life when I've had that. Not once. I want to be loved and desired. I want someone who can't get enough of me. Don't I deserve that? Haven't I suffered enough in this life, and how selfish a thought that is. I want to be beautiful. I want someone to think I am beautiful, truly, and not just say it because they want to get laid. I want someone to treasure me, protect me, respect me, value my opinion, confide in me, trust me, love me. I want someone to WANT to take care of me. I want to feel worthy of all that. I want someone to make me feel worthy of all that.

What is wrong with me? Am I that undesirable? Why do so many not find me worthy, or worth their time? Why am I so bothered by those who don't? Why am I so desperate for someone to rescue me, and why do I need someone to make me feel any certain way?
I think I know. I'm an imperfect person, too sensitive at times and at others not enough, a "passioniste" who wants someone to be passionate about. I want someone to complete me, and I want to complete someone.

No comments: