Monday, October 08, 2007

The boat and his friend

Joe had been working on a boat for a while with his best friend. He never even got this one out in the water, unfortunately. He said he wanted his best friend to have it if anything happened to him. The thing is, I haven't heard anything from this friend since the funeral. I'm feeling a little bitter about it, and thinking, why should I give it to him when he hasn't even called? On the other hand, I know I will probably never, or rarely, use it, and Joe DID say he wanted this friend to have it. Am I being unrealistic in expecting his friend to call - it's "only" been almost 3 months.

Edited to add: After I said I'd never use it, I was thinking, maybe I would. Maybe I'd get my uncle or other male relatives interested in it, and we'd take it out once a month or so, and remember Joe. I could use it to facilitate hanging out with Joe's dad and rest of family.

Maybe my main problem is that this is just another link to him that will be gone.

No comments: