I don't normally dream, or at least I don't remember them. But the last week or so I've had several really strange dreams.
First one started out with me and some other people going to visit my anatomy professor at his home. His home turned out to be this huge estate, which somehow turned into a huge estate that was actually like a dock over the water? Hard to explain. Anyway, then it evolved into the place actually belonging to E. There was a big storm coming in and I was looking for him, finally found him consulting with his personal physician, this tiny Indian doctor. They looked at me, the doctor said, "Oh good, we were just talking about you. I can get you pregnant by....this date" and circled what looked like August 3rd on a calendar. The doctor and E both looked very pleased with themselves.
The next one was something about vampires, sort of like the "True Blood" TV series I've been watching. I think E was a vampire (a "good" vampire). Don't remember much else.
The next one was related to Harry Potter, I guess because I'm wanting to see the next movie. I don't think E was in this dream. In my dream, a guy showed up at my mom's house (which was actually MY house I guess since it was pretty messy LOL) and was in a hurry, so I was making him sandwiches for lunch. It was also sort of related to the "Sliders" older TV series, where at a certain time, a portal opens up? Anyway, there was a Harry Potter reference to a "port key", where if you touch a certain object it transports you someplace. So this portal or port key or whatever opened up, he told me "Hurry up!" and grabbed my hand, I grabbed the sandwiches (tuna, by the way) and we were sucked into the portal/port key and landed somewhere. I woke up at that point.
Last night my dream had a lot of different stories going on. One was I was a Pakistani-American woman (but looked Eastern European) and lived with a brother that was very controlling. So I was trying to get away or something. Then I get to a part where a ton of people are throwing rocks and little bombs and things at a row of townhouses because gay people live there? Don't ask me why. I was horrified but could do nothing because of the sheer number of people. Then I switch back to my normal self (I guess), I'm stressed out about classes and rushing around constantly. I notice I have a voicemail from Joe (my deceased husband). He's saying that he wants to come home, can he come home? I'm angry, upset, confused. Somehow I go to meet up with my family (on a boat or dock - not sure what it is with water in my dreams) and lo and behold, Joe is there. He's playing games (Scrabble I think, like he played with my mom) and everyone is smiling and laughing. Apparently everyone knew he was alive but didn't tell me. He's been alive all this time, is "all better" now I guess, and wants us to resume things like nothing ever happened. In my dream I remember thinking, I don't want to go back to my old (pre-widowed) life, but I feel guilt for that, as well as a lot of anger toward everyone. (Side note: the 2-year anniversary just passed, nobody remembered or said anything, I didn't bring it up either).
So, that's what's been swimming around in my head for the past week. I'm curious to see what else is in the works. Somebody want to psycho-analyze me?
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha! I won't try to psychoanalyze you, but it's reassuring that I'm not the only one who dreams actions sequences for herself.
My dreamlife has concocted entire Star Trek episodes, MASH episodes, Harriet Vane novels, and good lord only knows what else!
I don't try to analyze them; I just giggle and wait for my subconscious to figure things out enough to express them in a way that I can understand.
I tend to consult dreammoods.com to see why I am dreaming about certain things and if their reasoning makes sense. I have been ending up at the airport in mine a lot lately.
I suspect your dreams have to do with the 2-year anniversary and the fact you are moving forward to this new life with E and your mind is reconciling the two.
It is interesting what our minds come up with. I once had a dream that my best friend was Matthew McConaughey. How do I make that one come true? lol
Post a Comment