My birthday came and went on April 1st very quietly. It's probably laughable to those older than me, but I was really worrying about it. I felt I was getting "old." Well, the world didn't stop turning, I didn't get any new gray hairs (please God, the ones I have are enough!) and it was a pretty uneventful day. I did receive a wonderful surprise gift of flowers that are STILL looking good (now 9 days later) and that was really nice. Other than that, I didn't celebrate in any way, just wasn't in the mood.
E (yes, still seeing him) and I were supposed to go on "vacation" the 4-5 days following my birthday, although he somehow decided (on his own, without getting my opinion) that we would just go to a small town about 45 minutes away from my home. We ended up staying there for about 4 hours, and had a good time, and we went to the zoo the following day. However, it was disappointing that I took 2 days off from work and put my 3 dogs in the kennel (expensive!) and we didn't even stay overnight anywhere. Kind of a letdown.
I am almost done with this semester at school (less than a month left) and while it's nice that I am further along than I was this time last year, it's still discouraging that most of my classmates are 5-10 years younger than me. I should be so much further along. But, life happens, and we have to deal as best we can. So, I'm dealing.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment